Today after a long trip to Geneva I finally arrived to a hotel and decided to sync and charge my iPhone (3Gs with OS v.3.0.1). What was a surprise when iTunes ( v.8.2.1(6) ) simply crashed as soon as a sync process has been started.
Well, bugs happen and unfortunately Apple isn't an exception here :(
BTW, this happened while syncing with an unibody MacBook Pro and Mac OS X 10.5.8.
- I tried to restart iPhone/laptop.
- I tried to reinstall iTunes - was a stupid idea I guess, but I was seeking for any help...
- I tried to remove all podcasts - I read somewhere that it could be a problem for sync (google for that). Since today in the train I was watching/deleting some of my podcasts, I thought this could somehow make it happen, I mean the crash of iTunes :D
- I also tried different USB ports and so on and so on... I tried many times and always result was the same...
At the end what actually did help is the following.
- I disconnected iPhone from the laptop,
- opened iTunes and in its settings I checked "Devices"->"Disable automatic syncing for iPhones and iPods",
- after that I connected the iPhone,
- and in the settings of sync I switched of a sync of podcasts (just in case),
- than it could successfully process the synchronization. After that I checked both changed settings to a previous states and it works now! In the automatic mode as well.
What the hell was that?
I don't know, but at least everything works now as expected!
Hope it helps some one...